Operations Manager will be responsible for procurement, quality assurance, developing and managing of re-bagger network, and pursuing new business opportunities for the company.
- Supervise all aspects of carcass grading, sortation and processing operations.
- Major contributor to the development of both the Russet/Onion business strategy.
- Contribute to the annual planning projections.
- Responsible for achieving financial goals for Russet/Onion business as assigned.
- Monitor mostly market performance, ensure Green Giant margin is managed correctly, coordinate run schedules between facilities, etc.
- Assess business viability of certain business arrangements.
- Maintain flexibility to meet daily changes in supply, demand, and price.
- Identify and act upon key raw product opportunities that allow Potandon to improve profit margins and customer service.
- Day to day management of operation activities as related to dedicated shippers and co-packers.
- Manage and direct Potandon’s russet/onion quality assurance staff.
- Responsible for the quality of all finished russet and onion products marketed by Potandon.
- Responsible for tracking quality claims and determining if there are certain problem shippers or problem customers and addressing those issues.
- Approve all sales problems relating to product quality adjustments, as necessary
- Responsible for insuring that all quality claims are handled in a fair and equitable manner for both the shipper and receiver.
- Ensure that there are consistent QA visits to all dedicated shippers and co-packers during appropriate times of year.
- Assist in development and approve all product specs. Maintain all package specs in a system.
- Assist in food safety program management.
- B.S. degree in Agriculture, Food Science, or Ag Business preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 10 – 15 years experience in fresh/processed vegetable production or QA required.
- Strong analytical and computer skills desired.
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to motivate and resolve problems among customers, co-packers, and employees.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Ability to recognize business opportunities and act upon them.