Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing all Operations Demand planning activities and related systems/tools working with the internal team and 3rd party logistics warehouses.
- Ensure all the relevant Supply Chain Planning and Purchasing activities
- Initiate and lead Supply Chain and Business initiatives to improve the Planning Processes, proactively manage Supply Chain led projects to improve efficiency and longer-term planning.
- Lead and develop core planning meetings, with the necessary agenda, input and outputs. Ensure effective planning, common understanding and delivery targets to achieve business and asset requirements.
- Liaise with various stakeholders to develop plans with a medium-term (up to 12 weeks) forward view and associated weekly delivery plan.
- Drive visible performance management, use KPI’s to track progress, monitoring actual performance versus plan promoting awareness to drive improvement.
- Manage, implement and continuously review Purchasing Strategies for key raw materials and consumables ensuring long term business benefits.
- Ensure Vendor Management processes are followed and used to rate Vendors and improve service.
- Manage order fulfillment activities to ensure incoming PO’s are aligned with forecast plans.
- Analyze existing aged inventory and collaborate with Sales & Marketing teams to design and implement relevant solutions.
- Coordinate production and fulfillment activities based on demand analysis and planning to promote efficient, accountable and dependable operations.
- Proactively relocate units between warehouses to ensure efficiency across all sales channels.
- Direct inbound and outbound logistics operations such as; transportation, inventory control, warehouse activities and logistics quality management. Daily management and coordination of shipments and Website order processing.
- Assess and recommend optimal shipping methods, carriers, routing, equipment, and frequency to meet required transportation parameters, delivery specifications and costs. Recommend carrier base and negotiates competitive rates for logistics.
- Reviews shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping schedules.
- Maintain metrics, customer service logs, processes, safety training and records.
- Conduct and review audits for logistics activities, such as internal and 3rd party warehouse storage, fulfillment, distribution and transportation.
- Develop and implement methods to maintain accurate inventory levels at on site warehouse as well as 3rd party logistic warehouses and implement required cycle count process.
- Communicate with internal/external teams, customers and vendors regarding shipment deliverables, schedules, and details.
- Web site order processing: tracking of stock levels and determination of inventory load.
- Prepare inventory documentation: this involves accurately recording type, quantity, quality, and other features of inventory for a clear understanding of the state of the stocks
- Maintain daily invoices and shipment records to ascertain the state of all stocks.
- Prepare and submit inventory control and planning reports to management.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in shipping warehouse environment.
- Proven track records of building credible, reliable and customer focused logistics teams.
- Organizational focus and strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, willingness to learn, and works well within a team environment.
- Excellent communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Proactive, “Can Do” Attitude.
- Naturally energetic, positive person in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment.
- Capable of multi-tasking and effectively prioritizing in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with customs documents for shipping internationally.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.