Night Shift Supervisor will be responsible for front-line leadership of a team of hourly non-exempt employees to produce quality products and achieve daily production goals.
- Directly supervises Team Leaders, Cell Leads, Multi-layer Leads and Inspector/Packers.
- Night Shift Supervisors (only) will have a dotted line supervisor relationship to Quality, Maintenance and Warehouse team members.
- Evaluates and reviews daily production schedule to assure production, delivery, and quality goals are met.
- Schedules and adjusts staffing and other resources to achieve daily operational goals. Work closely with Scheduling/Purchasing to monitor raw material levels.
- Collaborates daily with operations team and business leaders to ensure daily shipments and operational project tasks are successfully met on time.
- Responsible for non-conforming raw materials, in-process or finished goods are properly identified, segregated and dispositioned.
- Ensure company policies, Safety and Food Safety procedures and standards are followed by all team members.
- Actively coaches, trains, develops, and counsels employees for personal and professional growth opportunities to continually enhance their skillsets.
- Partners with Human Resources to manage the conflict resolution process for employee relations issues and successfully address workplace performance issues including proper documentation, and performance management including one on one coaching, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Responsible for conducting the performance review process.
- Attract, hire and retain a dynamic workforce to meet fast paced high volume production demands.
- Work with Human Resources and Production Manager in staffing activities such as interviewing, hiring, career pathing and training and development of hourly employees and staff.
- Review, analyze, and be accountable for daily operations metrics, provide ideas and input to Production Manager for cost reduction activities.
- Champions safety compliance to create an accident free workplace; ensures operations-based safety action items are addressed and resolved in an expeditious manner.
- Manage production activities to ensure safe equipment and operating practices.
- Minimum of High School diploma in related field required and 7-10 years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree or certificate from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Strong knowledge of injection molding processes a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a team.
- Has a strong passion for quality and safety.
- Uses abstract thinking to drive improvements, conveys a sense of urgency and has problem-solving abilities.