Microbiology and QA Lab Analyst will be responsible for standard microbiological analysis of raw materials, in process items and finished product by official methods of analysis to determine compliance to specifications.
- Microbiological and Chemical analysis of incoming raw materials, in process products and finished products and environmental samples and swabs.
- Sampling of incoming raw materials, in process products and finished products.
- Assist Quality and Food Safety Manager in managing certification programs, renewing when applicable.
- Assist Quality and Food Safety Manager Maintain records and product samples in accordance with federal and state regulations and certifying bodies.
- Assist Quality and Food Safety Manager in maintaining certificates of analysis on all raw materials.
- Assist Quality and Food Safety Manager in creating certificates of analysis for customers when needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending classes, workshops etc.
- Communicate with Shipping dept. on what product has been released and which is on hold.
- Responsible for calibration and maintenance of quality equipment and tools.
- Performing product contact and environmental testing.
- Performing finished product testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology or related field or near graduation
- Proficient in sterile technique and familiar with routine rapid microbiological analysis- APC, Coliforms, Ecoli, Yeast and Mold, Salmonella, Listeria.
- Familiar or proficient in rapid chemical analysis of food- fat, moisture, aflatoxin, peroxide value, allergen content
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Relevant combination of training and education deemed appropriate to carry out duties as determined by senior management.