Share on social:
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible to supervise and assist the daily task of the maintenance team to ensure all equipment and building systems are operating at peak efficiencies. Duties will include equipment / building system monitoring, preventive maintenance and repair. Hands-on Manager and scheduling of maintenance related repairs or minor capital projects conducted by contractors.
- Trains and manages maintenance mechanics in the repair and maintenance activities related to machinery and facilities
- Assigns all preventive maintenance work orders
- Familiarity with welding, general construction, electrical, and inventory control processes in a Maintenance setting.
- Plans, organizes and delegates work assignments to accommodate departmental schedules, and to best utilize man-hours and equipment
- Prioritizes the reduction of machinery downtime
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Assists other members of the maintenance team in assuring proper operation, perform preventive / predictive maintenance and emergency repair of all processing equipment and building systems
- Analyses and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems
- Interprets Company policies to department employees and ensures they are followed
- Initiates and suggests plans to motivate department to achieve work goals
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Carries out management responsibility in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Accountable for the compliance, verification, and implementation of the following responsibilities; food safety and regulatory requirements, quality systems, and product specification.
- 5 years of experience in maintenance within food or meat manufacturing
- Extensive knowledge of use of hand tools, power tools and electrical multi-meter and welding
- Extensive knowledge of Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical Systems, Boilers and NH3 refrigeration system
- Strong experience with PLCs, pneumatic conveyor systems, pumps motors, drives
- Develop and maintain a Master Preventative Maintenance Schedule that accommodates production and balances
- Interface daily with Production Planner/Scheduler to coordinate equipment availability
- 2 years purchasing and inventory control responsibility
- Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills required
- Must have very good knowledge of HACCP, SQF or BRC and OSHA regulations.
- Able to deal firmly and fairly with a diverse workforce
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Strong computer skills required.