Share on social:
Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for planning, organising and working along side and supervises maintenance to ensure the facility is clean, food safe, while effectively supporting production operations.
- Directs maintenance personnel to ensure that all systems operate at their highest capability to meet required production schedules, quality, costs and schedule priorities
- Improves reliability, maintenance and processing methods to reduce cost and avoid loss of production as a result of equipment malfunction or failure time.
- Ensures that equipment and facility are maintained in a safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement/upgrades.
- Develops preventative maintenance procedures that are cost effective and increase the operational life of the equipment.
- Seek and implement the continuous improvement of the process through equipment improvement modifications.
- Assist in the development of the system and operational standards and corrective actions.
- Develops, implements and reviews regularly, site-specific maintenance logs for department.
- Coordinates, arranges, and supervises, or provides for the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance in accordance with company operating procedures, practices and financial considerations.
- Provide maintenance training to include the effective utilization of the maintenance logs, completion of routine maintenance specific to facility, equipment operations and support.
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Assist with preparing requisitions to determine the number of spare parts to be kept in inventory.
- Establishes procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment.
- Directs workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic, and utility systems maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Technical education is strongly preferred.
- Must have proven mechanical/electrical experience for a minimum of 3 years.
- Minimum of 1-5 years of related leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is required, food preferred.
- Supervising and daily assignments to maintenance team.
- Experience ensuring PM and work orders are completed as scheduled.
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and utility systems including ammonia refrigeration.
- Must have the knowledge of good manufacturing practices. Be safety and quality minded and have the ability to make sound decisions.
- Ensure work orders, part lists and maintenance budget is maintained.
- Experience using and trouble-shooting Allen Bradley PLCs is a plus.