Share on social:
Maintenance Manager near Vernon City area CA, will be responsible for oversee the Maintenance Department and coordinate with Production to ensure plant equipment and conditions are conducive to the production of a safe, quality product.
- Responsible for managing maintenance functions and providing maintenance support for the plant.
- Assures that each person within the department has received appropriate training per the job or jobs each will perform, including the breakdown maintenance sanitation protocols.
- Develop and oversee a dynamic PM, work order and maintenance program.
- Implement changes in working conditions and equipment usage to increase efficiency.
- Coordinates the issues work orders prioritizing them in such a manner that achieves the utmost food safety and quality.
- Coordinates with other management in developing plans for continuous improvement of the facility and in prioritizing ongoing projects.
- Enforce safety regulations and conformance of company policies.
- Oversees regulatory reporting management process.
- Initiate and run facility and utility projects.
- Other duties may be assigned
- HS Diploma (Bachelor's Degree preferred) + progressive maintenance supervisory experience
- MUST have experience working in a food manufacturing (FDA/USDA) environment.
- Experience managing multiple plants.
- Available to work a flexible schedule
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Safe Quality Food (SQF) guidelines, OSHA standards
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Ammonia and Boiler credentials preferred, must be willing to receive one within 90 days of employment
- While performing the duties of the job the employee will stand for an extended period of time, walk, bend, stoop, occasionally lift up to 50lbs, use arms and hands at or above shoulder height, work in high areas including the roof, and operate equipment. Employee will work with chemicals.
- Uniforms & PPE- Environment-smocks, hairnet, helmet, gloves, and slip resistant boots.
- Work is performed indoors, high noise level, hot and cold environment.
- PREFERS SPANISH SPEAKING