Maintenance Manager will be responsible for ensuring equipment and machinery operates efficiently through proper management and hands-on supervision on the production floor.
- Oversee the preventative maintenance program, analyze equipment failures and determine countermeasures, make repairs when necessary and ensure work gets done efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Ensure company facilities, including building and grounds, are maintained, and assist other departments in upkeep.
- Directly supervise two exempt supervisors and two hourly support staff; indirectly supervise 20+ hourly maintenance and mold technicians and custodians across 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts.
- Oversee small and large maintenance and facilities projects from beginning to end.
- Responsible for the preparation and adherence to annual department budget; make recommendations for capital improvements and monitor expenses.
- Develop partnerships with vendors and contractors, obtain quotes for projects, and negotiate pricing to ensure cost appropriateness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or facilities engineering related field of study) preferred; Associate’s degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ management experience leading an industrial maintenance department.
- Experience in automotive industry leading a department in a Lean manufacturing facility highly preferred.
- Knowledge of injection molding equipment required and blow-molding equipment preferred.
- Must have a solid understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, electronics (PLC), heating ventilation, air conditioning, welding and fabricating, and troubleshooting these functions.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing large projects and million-dollar budgets.
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability required.
- Must be proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Working knowledge of timekeeping systems and are a plus.
- Must be flexible and able to work additional hours and days, including responding to off-shift or weekend emergencies; must be comfortable in reacting to emergency situations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.