Maintenance Manager will be responsible for supervising maintenance staff, scheduling and assigning work, requisitioning materials and supplies, inspecting equipment, buildings and grounds, estimating work hours and materials required for projects, and oversee the activities for assigned shift.
- Lead Maintenance Staff, manage and improve the PM program and schedule corrective actions when necessary.
- The Maintenance Manager will continuously provide leadership and guide her/his team of Technicians and Supervisors to new heights in the frozen dessert industry.
- Strong asset manager of all physical company owned assets to be in “like new” condition.
- Must implement high tech computerized preventive maintenance schedules to minimize/eliminate equipment breakdowns and lost manufacturing opportunities.
- Organizes and manages the key maintenance department activities across all shifts.
- Partners with all staff to identify appropriate job assignments are issued ensuring a high GMP standard and ensure production readiness on all assets always.
- Strong implementation of strong Health and Safety operating standards to result in the safe and efficient operation of all manufacturing Systems within the facility.
- Maintains proper industry certification for self and all technicians as appropriate to meet all legal requirements and insure all regulatory requirements are always followed.
- Keen sense of urgency, while not sacrificing employee safety at any time.
- Regularly review and revise plans throughout the year as necessary for PM activity, department scheduling and training.
- Spare Parts Inventory levels are maintained at all times to ensure efficient repair and maintenance schedules to return to business on an immediate basis.
- Provides emergency procedures/protocol to maintenance items as required.
- Deliverables include improve processes to eliminate waste.
- Collaborative efforts with maintenance staff and operations team, as it pertains to each specific departmental mission with consideration of product strategies to the overall vision of the company.
- Values the creation as much as the long term maintenance of a solid working relationship with all staff and in every all department, within the facility to maximize cross department operational efficiency.
- Mentorship through training to all maintenance team and operations team members to achieve their goals. Provide technical training needs analysis, determine training objectives and design appropriate departmental training programs.
- Ensure that all safety standards and production GMP standards are communicated, understood, and visible to each employee.
- Strategic problem solving mentality who strives to contribute to team building in a C.I. environment.
- Properly troubleshoot and repair all equipment associated in the production (mixer, formin), freezing, packaging.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Perform general maintenance duties as it relates to plant equipment and building.
- Properly perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, welding and plumbing duties as required.
- Rebuild/replace equipment as needed, including but not limited to pumps, gear boxes, bearings, bushings, chains, bundler headers, conveyors, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or related field or equivalent experience with a High School or Trade School Diploma.
- Prior management experience (must have managed technical personnel in the past).
- 5-7 years of maintenance management experience, in food processing and/or production equipment.