Maintenance Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing overall plant focused on maintenance and improvement programs.
- Assist Plant in establishing safety of all of our associates as the plant’s first objective.
- Lead the cross-functional development and implementation of the capital plan including the engagement of related Plant and Corporate functions such as, but not limited to Safety, Sanitation, Quality, Environmental, Operations, Maintenance, Finance and Operations
- Collaborate with the Plant in setting clearly delineated roles, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Fostering a team based problem solving methodology.
- Support the Plant in driving business literacy through education of key business issues and concepts.
- Tracks and evaluates maintenance performance using KPI’s, generating reports through CMMS.
- Assist Plant in delivering financial objectives.
- Support the Plant in conducting internal systems audits as required.
- Support the Plant in providing project and technical support to the plant and division when required.
- Support the Plant in participating on and leading project teams that improve safety, quality, utilization, labor relations, sanitation, costs and customer service.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize available application computer programs.
- Demonstrate executive maturity through decision making and effective communication with various departments and managers to ensure plant resources are efficiently utilized in maximizing true efficiency.
- Lead the Plant in preparing and conducting necessary team meetings for proper communications and development of teams.
- Must also have the ability to work with Maintenance, Quality, Production and Warehouse teams to create a cooperative environment.
- Responsible for giving work direction and coordinating mechanical and clerical activities in the maintenance department.
- Engineering Degree or relevant degree preferred.
- 7+ years experience in Food Manufacturing in a Maintenance Leadership role.
- Leadership skills to work as a peer and advisor to other departments;
- Previous experience in working in an FDA regulated, GMP environment as well as an understanding of 5S and Continuous Improvement practices is preferred.
- Highly results oriented and able to work in a changing environment where a high degree of teamwork and collaboration are required.
- Experience in managing a maintenance department for a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in maintenance reliability, preventative maintenance, condition based monitoring, and root cause problem elimination techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, heating ventilation, air conditioning, welding, machining and fabricating.