Share on social:
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for negotiating, procuring, and managing transportation requirements in excess of 40,000 truckloads annually, which are needed for the movement of finished goods, ingredients, and raw material to warehouses, manufacturing facilities, co-packers and customers. Position administers our network of third-party warehouses (which includes contract administration, contract negotiations, and service level management), and manages our multi-modal network of transportation providers (ensuring fiscal and service level targets are met for truck, rail, and ocean shipments).
- A Manage the development and implantation of methods and procedures that are required to ensure that raw and finished goods, supplies and ingredients are delivered to our plants, warehouses, co-packers and customers on time and cost effectively. Determine the most efficient routing and transportation method to meet the applicable transportation requirement.
- Develop and maintain a reliable carrier base by establishing mutually beneficial alliances/relationships with capable trucking companies. Ensure that trucking companies understand and support quality and service requirements. Resolve delivery and quality issues in a timely manner. Hold vendors accountable to support needs. Negotiate and processes claims.
- Provide oversight for the management of third-party warehousing network. Ensure that adequate inventories are available. Manage inventory obsolescence. Manage the cost component and contract administration of these facilities.
- Provide leadership and supervision of all direct and indirect reports. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Prepare budget and forecasts to facilitate an understanding of the financial implications of the procurement process. Ensure budget is met. Analyze and report variances on a monthly basis.
- Negotiate carrier contracts to ensure receiving the highest quality products at competitive prices.
- Establish transportation cost metrics that are provided to sales to be used in pricing of finished goods.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience purchasing a minimum of $25 million annual spend of a diversified portfolio of transportation and 3rd party warehouse services.
- In depth understanding of trucking procurement best practices driven is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience driving digital solutions to improve efficiencies is required.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.
Posted: Feb 05, 2020
Type: Full Time