Logistics Assistant will be responsible for working closely with purchasing and Logistics shipping team, communicate with suppliers and various trucking companies via large amounts of emails/calls on schedule to pick up and deliver loads to Port/Ramp or Customers by completing timely, safe deliveries.
- Ensures suppliers, Departments, and/or other required parties are kept fully informed of transport arrangements and status on regular basis from departure to arrival of goods
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing. Record and proper billing of freight and special charges. Issue debits and credits as necessary
- Provide timely and accurate information and feedback to incoming customer order status
- Communication with suppliers and buyers, throughout the process and choosing proper routing appropriate to the customer’s needs
- Identifies solutions/alternative routings or trucking company/rail when needed
- Follow up on each inland transportation shipment and keep track of changed departure dates
- Collate and send haulage instruction to truck company, including amendments and update the system
- Deal with various issues, such as chassis split, extra waiting hour, unexpected surcharges, etc.
- Handle numerous telephone calls relating to late running or failed collections between the suppliers and the trucking/rail companies.
- Support other team members during periods of high workload, holidays, sickness.
- BS/BA in business administration, supply chain management or relevant field.
- 2+ years’ work experience in logistics/Freight Forwarder field.
- Highly motivated, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision to expedite and follow up on requests and track multiple processes.
- Outstanding organizational, coordination abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Capable to address issues with a strong sense of urgency.