Industrial Maintenance Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting problems on production lines and taking corrective action in a timely manner.
- Sets up, tests, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and modifies a wide variety of mechanical machinery and equipment including rotary packaging machines, cartoners, case erectors/sealers, conveyors, checkweighers, hoppers, augers and dust collectors; discusses operating problems with supervisors and users.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electrical systems and equipment such as programmable logic controls, motors, transformers, lights, relays, fused circuits and related equipment.
- Troubleshoots, adjusts, repairs and replaces components in hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Candidate shall be capable of using a digital multimeter to detect the presence of voltage, identify faulty wiring, blown fuses, faulty switches, terminal ends, circuit boards, breakers and photoelectric controls.
- Must be able to troubleshoot simple circuits, three-phase power systems, motor controls, AC/DC drives, PLC's and servo drive systems.
- Must be able to perform installation of conduit runs, disconnects, fuse boxes, relays, motor controls, motors and brushes.
- Install, relocate and/or remove equipment, troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, PLC and pneumatic systems.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance, including inspections, lubrication and adjustments.
- Performs limited welding, cutting, sawing, grinding and machining of parts.
- Measures, tests and inspects completed work to confirm adherence to specifications.
- Regularly inspects property to ensure all machinery, equipment and facilities are in good working order.
- Maintains accurate records of work performed and parts and materials used.
- Studies production schedules and recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and product quality.
- Demonstrates knowledge of use, adjustment and care of test equipment and hand and power tools common to the trade.
- Follows proper safety procedures and complies with company policies. This includes GMP and safety regulations.
- Follows good housekeeping practices and maintains an organized work environment.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, manuals and work orders.
- Understands and follows oral and written directions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Stays abreast of new maintenance technology by attending seminars and/or training classes as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial maintenance experience in a high-speed environment.
- Experience in mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, motors, electrical and electronics, including a good working knowledge of PLC’s.
- Must be able to understand, read and communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.