General Foreman Shipping will be for responsible for organizing and over sight of the Warehouse by working in conjunction with the Shipping Manager.
- Coordinate, schedule, oversee the activities of the Shipping Department per direction of Shipping Manager.
- Analyze problems and recommend solutions as part of normal day to day activities.
- Record and report information as required.
- Manage shipping processes and ensure inventory is maintained and billing is accurate
- Manage loss prevention policies and good manufacturing procedures
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of issues.
- Guiding, directing, and motivating to set performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Coaching, mentoring, or helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Handling employee relations issues in department.
- Liaison with Fabrication or Slaughter leadership.
- Make sure employees are performing work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure high levels of performance.
- Ensure all supervisors are following plant safety, quality and attendance procedures.
- Manage downtime and overtime.
- Provide leadership to supervisors and ensure the team is performing their work properly and also to ensure employee morale.
- Directly involved in corrective action procedures with supervisors. These may range from verbal warnings to terminations.
- Minimum of 5yrs experience in a beef processing plant.
- Strong organizational interpersonal & communication skills.
- Bilingual important but not required.
- Must be 18yrs. of age and authorized to work in the US.
- High Sch. Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a diverse workforce and to upper management.