Share on social:
The FSQA and Compliance Manager will be responsible to lead and manage activities related to repacking and distribution, meet or exceed all food safety standards, ensure we are operationally efficient, meet third party and customer requirements, and comply with government regulations. The employee in this position will oversee and continuously improve Food Safety programs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Standard Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), Preventive Controls, and Food Defense Plans. Complete listed and other essential job functions as assigned.
- Execute and routinely update all corporate food safety related strategies, policies, and procedures; maintain open communication with all related departments to address the identification of food safety hazards and process improvement opportunities.
- Establish, conduct, and oversee FSQA internal and/or third party GFSI scheme audits of high risk suppliers and co-packers to ensure FSMA, FDA, and USDA compliance.
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve departmental policies, standard operating procedures, work instructions, templates, and other required documents.
- Conduct calibrations and perform preventive controls monitoring in multiple areas, including, but not limited to wash water, temperature, allergen control, environmental, metal detection, and sanitation.
- Ensure compliance with applicable food safety regulatory requirements (Federal, State/Provincial and, Local) including USDA. This extends to product label review, approval, and creation to comply with applicable food safety regulatory requirements (Federal, State/Provincial and, Local) for ingredients, allergens, country of origin, and nutrition information.
- Use the document control system to collect, maintain, and update corporate standard operating procedures, policies, and templates for all Food Safety related records. Respond to customer requests for information regarding product specifications and/or food safety for products purchased or re-packed by Artisan.
- Manage product recalls and withdrawals, including during 24/7 night and weekend. Conduct traceability during product recall process to ensure timely communication and execution of product recalls and completion of related documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field
- Minimum 3+ years of related experience at the QA&C Manager level in the food industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience in manufacturing and/or quality
- Experience with FSMA, HACCP plan design, measurement, documentation, & training required
- 2-3 years of food industry background/experience with food safety/quality knowledge required
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment, preferred
- HACCP and PCQI certified
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.