Share on social:
The FSQA BRC/HACCP Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating and administration of the comprehensive Food Safety Program. The FSQA BRC (British Retail Consortium) and HACCP Supervisor organizes all BRC and HACCP Efforts including maintaining the written program, auditing the program and internal communication for meetings. This person is also responsible for subsidiaries of these duties including meetings with Sanitation company, Document control, Corrective action logs and written SOPs. Responsible for providing effective claims management, administrative, and customer service support for the Quality Control/Assurance Department and all internal and external customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company policies and procedures relevant to position.
- Coordinate BRC efforts for company
- BRC written program maintenance and document review
- Objective setting and recording
- Internal Audits
- External Audit Preparation
- Monthly BRC Meetings: reporting, preparation and communication
- Reporting of BRC Qualifiers: Purchasing, Sanitation, Pest Control, Laundry, Shipping – Outgoing, Maintenance
- Research questions from other departments
- Coordinate HACCP Program under the direction of the QA Manager
- Maintain written program
- Review daily paperwork
- Audit record keeping and procedures
- Daily/Weekly reporting
- Other audits: Customer, USDA, as needs arise
- Sanitation Liaison
- Coordinate weekly meetings with sanitation company and plant personnel
- Prepare agenda
- Follow up on action items
- Writing and making corrections in SOPs
- Document Control
- Creating Document Records
- Administration of Document Control
- Regularly audit forms and documents
- Corrective Action Program/Log
- Backup for daily review of production documentation
- Special Projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience or B.S. Degree in the meat or food industry preferred.
- Relevant food industry and auditing experience in BRC & HACCP, at least 3 years
- Must be extremely detail-oriented in documentation and communication.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills a must.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English. Spanish Language skills a plus
- Computer skills Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and internet
- Age 18 & authorized to work in the US
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests to be eligible for employment.