Share on social:
Food Safety Manager will be responsible to manages the food service program according to policies and procedures and federal/state requirements. Provides leadership, support and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, food safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- Ensure that proper standards of sanitation are maintained, and all products are stored and transported with consumer safety in mind.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations and initiatives affecting the industry.
- Manage, schedule, and prepare for regulatory audits (HACCP, GMP & Sanitation Programs) including preparation and execution of corrective action plans.
- Coordinate with management and warehouse staff on all audits and inspections.
- Oversee the implementation of the food safety management systems (FSMS), including but not limited to:
- Internal and external audits o Updating the food safety manual when needed. Creating, reviewing, and constantly updating the Hazard Analysis. Creating, reviewing, and constantly updating the HACCP plan
- Training affected employees on food safety pro rams in collaboration with HR Ensuring adequate preventive control measures and training are in place.
- Reviewing and updating all SOPs and SSOPs, as well as communication to the staff as needed to ensure proper execution.
- Adjust internal protocol to ensure standard operating procedures reflect the most current compliance criteria.
- Develop training routines using WBT, eClassroom and in-house materials for staff regarding food safety and security issues.
- Continually assess current food safety and security programs for opportunities to improve the process.
- 4 Yr. Food Safety/Science related degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years HACCP experience, SQF & ISF are a plus
- General understanding of the regulatory bodies that govern our industry; FDA, USDA Understanding of HACCP principles and plan development
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices