EHS Manager will be responsible for develoing a systematic and organized approach to following and complying to environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Maintain and implement corporate safety policies
- Serve as chairperson of the Company's Safety Steering Committee. Conducts monthly meetings of the Steering Committee, as well as meetings to assess recordable incidents.
- Support the Manufacturing Teams to establish and maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment through the enforcement of proper safety procedures.
- Develop system for effective Safety communication for Associates, through Plant Safety Committees, Safety Shorts, plant meetings, etc.
- Chart appropriate Safety Performance, focused on charting of incidents, incident rates and root cause analysis.
- Provides administrative support to location HR and production teams for workers compensation.
- Serve as the Environmental and Safety Subject Matter Expert (SME) to all locations, providing support for training, analysis, audits, OSHA liaison, etc.
- Coordinates with outside resources for facility audits and support (BWC, Gibson, Fire Departments, etc.)
- Conduct Incident Investigations in conjunction with location management.
- Ensure consistency for training, development, disciplinary actions and documentation.
- Bachelors Degree, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Safety/Environmental Management in a Corrugated manufacturing environment required.
- Strong skills in the utilization of applicable computer software, such as Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Power Point, Word).