Share on social:
The Director of Quality Assurance establish and leads and/or executes all day-to-day quality/food safety program activities, including FSMA, HARCP, Food Defense, Supplier Approval, third party audits, customer requirements, Organic Certification, Kosher Certification and any future food-related certifications as they arise.
- Lead production facility in all aspects of Quality, Food Safety, Regulatory, Sanitation with the company
- Directs and monitors daily material sampling and acceptance programs.
- Guide company to achieve GFSI certification, including creating, implementing and training required programs, policies and procedures
- Act as the primary contact for food regulatory agencies, Kosher and Organic certifications.
- Provide leadership in making quality and regulatory decisions along with State, Local and Federal bodies
- Directs and conducts the raw material quality control programs to ensure that all raw materials received and entering the processing area Works with the R&D Department on the updating of Raw Material Specifications.
- Develop and execute safety programs and training for people and products.
- Manages Allergen Preventive Controls Program ensuring accurate allergen labeling on finished food products and prevention of allergen cross contact
- Directs and administers all programs to ensure to ensure food safety, such as, micro testing and releases, GMP audits, HACCP, Pest Control, cleaning and sanitation procedures and swabbing.
- Reviews and addresses customer complaint issues and issues in the Quality Report.
- Works to make sure the labeling and product is safe and complaint.
- Establishes and updates analytical testing procedures for the lab and perform routine testing
- Follows all Safe Quality Food (SQF) established standards, guidelines, and compliance measures.
- Will be the leader regarding in maintaining the HACCP, SQF, USDA, FDA, FSIS, FSMA and FDA, local, State, Federal regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a food science degree, dairy, microbiology, food process engineering or related or equivalent industry experience, required.
- 3 years' experience with cultured dairy, pasteurized beverages or aseptic filling
- 5 years' experience with quality management
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Must be HACCP certified and experienced with SQF, FDA, USDA, SSOPs and GMP
- HACCP and GMP development, training in HARPC, PCQI and Better Processing Control School and achievement of certification is required
- Knowledge of Organic, Kosher and Non-GMO and assures compliance
- Strong data management, reporting and technical writing and ability to write good food safety plans.
- Great communicator with all levels of management and work as a team
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments.
- Computer skills, experience organizing data and interpreting statistical results
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.