Share on social:
The Director of Warehouse is responsible for managing all warehouse functions of storing and shipping materials and goods utilizing a variety of transportation methodologies, receiving, inventory control, facilities/equipment maintenance, safety, quality of products produced and shipped, customer service, and outside storage facilities. Position establishes warehouse priorities, monitors costs, and complies with environmental, regulatory agency laws and best supply chain practices. This position is located outside of Harrisburg and will manage a team of 60+ and oversee multiple facilities. Reporting is to the VP of Supply Chain and management of direct reports and employees and work cross functionally with all plant staff, supply chain/traffic/logistics, procurement, sales, planning, and customer service.
- Supervise and coordinate raw product and materials being shipped to the facility based schedule.
- Review daily Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for efficiency, daily shipments, safety, and quality.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and supervision of supervisory, administrative, and/or warehouse employees.
- Coordinate, schedule and supervise all finished goods to outside storage facilities, as well as scheduling of crews in those areas.
- Ensure adherence to all company and warehouse policies and procedures.
- Manage warehouse supervisors, raw materials, inventory, 3PL and storage locations
- Interact and develop positive working relationships with plant staff and corporate staff
- Develop warehouse budgets based on forecasted requirements and schedule resources and manage expenditures.
- Ensure warehouse and equipment are clean, well maintained and operates efficiently.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related field is preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of supply chain, inventory control, warehouse, or related experience with perishable food.
- Principles and practices of food manufacturing, including: food safety, quality, manufacturing concepts, FIFO and compliances
- Working knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations, GMPs, Sanitation, and HACCP.
- Experience using practices of Lean Manufacturing for inventory planning and management
- Principles and practices of strategic planning and execution.
- Working know of Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.