Share on social:
Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety near Naperville area, IL will be responsible quality and product safety in all facilities including product safety policies and procedures and customer satisfaction. This position will oversee Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Regulatory Affairs and reporting is to Vice President.
- Research and analyze product safety issues and quality systems.
- Develop, direct, implement, and verify product safety standards
- Educate and train company employees in product quality and safety standards specifically HACCP, SQF and GMPs
- Facilitate continuous improvement projects.
- Schedule and conduct Monthly Plant Inspections, report results, and coordinate and verify corrective actions.
- Utilize statistic process control (SPC) for data analysis
- Maintain accurate records on raw data and vendor quality management.
- Oversight to regulatory compliance with FDA, Interstate Milk Shippers (IMS) and Drug Master Files
- Work cross functionally with production, purchasing and warehouse to maintain consistent quality processing.
- BS in Food, Science or Engineering
- 5 years experience with product safety and quality management systems in a food manufacturing and packaging environment
- Experienced in training and executing QA/QC principles, food safety requirements and statistical tools (SPC)
- Experience with internal and supplier quality audits
- Demonstrated skills in organizing work, taking initiative, setting priorities and sound decision-making.
- Possess logic, problem solving, and trouble shooting skills
- Deals effectively with company personnel on all levels ranging from production workers to top management, both through written and verbal communications