Director of Procurement will be responsible for supporting the sales team to develop and lead projects that deliver cost savings, process improvement, supplier innovation, supplier management, negotiating pricing and contractual terms help gain competitive advantages.
- Execute and implement procurement business processes, policies, improvements and standardization across the company.
- Ensure company departments and business partners have a clear understanding of purchasing policies, finance policies and the procurement approval matrix or signing authority.
- Ensures all pricing is in line with industry standards and reports against available benchmarks.
- Reviews and assists in setting goals for all negotiations with a focus on cost reduction goals. Develops long-term contract strategies.
- Actively develop and improve processes and efficiencies in sourcing, procurement, and supplier management.
- Establish metrics and manage supplier performance processes for critical supplies.
- Manage inventory levels and inventory value to allow the company to achieve its financial goals.
- Identifies and implements cost saving opportunities.
- Strategically develop and implement commodity strategies covering all commodities, services and supplier processes to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Hold suppliers accountable to deliver high quality raw materials and packaging to enable the company to deliver against its quality expectations.
- Coordinate Logistics opportunities to insure efficiencies in transportation of product into plants.
- Ensures that all major commodities have a strategy and an annual plan.
- Develop a co-manufacturing/packaging strategy including sourcing and qualification of potential suppliers to support new product development projects.
- Manages MRO inventories in the plants. Looks for and implements best practices for MRO supplies while looking for supplier consolidation opportunities.
- Develop a high talent team that values learning and supports a culture of performance and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum 7-10 years of indirect or direct sourcing management experience, preference towards food manufacturing experience.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to influence senior management through effective communication and presentation skills and persuasive positioning.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills to manage relationships throughout the organization.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Familiarity with ERP system, the Microsoft suite, and other common applications used for procurement processing.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or APICS certification preferred.