Director of Packaging will be responsible for managing and executing multiple packaging projects related to innovation, sustaining the base business of our brands, cost savings, and continuous quality improvements.
- Initiate ideation sessions and works with marketing and sales to lead the development of concepts that contribute to consumer purchase decisions.
- Leverage and manage internal and external networks to generate solutions that meet the packaging requirements, product needs, and consumer experiences.
- Generate, develop and execute packaging ideas by leveraging existing manufacturing capability.
- Initiate testing and perform economic and technical feasibility studies on new packaging platforms delivered through ideation that help fulfill unmet consumer needs and drive incremental sales.
- Develop and execute the design of experiment/test methodologies on packaging materials.
- Identify and develop packaging material specifications to maintain product integrity by maximizing long term quality and shelf life while minimizing cost.
- Develop packaging bill of materials and enter into the project management system for manufacturing/co-pack implementation.
- Engage with vendors, package development groups, and testing services to develop and manufacture components which meet the company's requirements for performance and reliability.
- Obtain competitive cost estimates for new packaging materials.
- Plan, coordinate and report each trial, provide appropriate level of technical support & expertise to execute trial objectives and ensure proper documentation of each activity.
- Lead development and optimization of packaging specifications, pallet patterns and testing protocols across all packaging formats ensuring the accuracy of specifications issued, including mechanical drawings and written text.
- Ensure all quality expectations for finished goods are delivered.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Proficient in project management software, 3D printing and hardware, ESKO software, 2d and 3d CAD, Adobe Illustrator.
- Basic understanding of engineering principals - knowledge of engineering disciplines: Process, Packaging, Electrical, Construction or Computer Services.
- In-depth understanding of packaging equipment design and function.