Director of Logistics will be responsible for managing the end-to-end flow of materials into and out of the company and organize the safe and efficient storage and distribution of materials and finished goods, and ensure that orders are filled correctly.
- Oversee the planning and successful execution of materials coming into, within, and leaving the company to its customers.
- Execute of a logistics strategy to achieve short and long-term results.
- Daily coordination of raw material receipt, warehousing and transportation functions.
- Key liaison with suppliers, customers, shipping firms, etc. concerning material/product flows
- Establishment and leadership of a consistent companywide process (S&OP) to plan & schedule material flow and production operations to meet the sales forecast, manufacturing budget and target inventory levels.
- Collaboration with other corporate resources as needed to coordinate key activities (such as S&OP), keep individuals informed, address problems, tackle new opportunities, etc.
- Provide guidance on the ideal supply chain flow, to include location of manufacturing sites, distribution centers and suppliers and trucking routes to optimize customer service, inventory levels and shipping costs.
- Ensure compliance with an applicable laws, regulations, and ISO/other certification requirements.
- Hiring, training, developing and evaluating key resources at each manufacturing location, including raw material handlers, warehouse operations, production schedulers, etc.
- Preferred previous assignments – warehouse, distribution, manufacturing company, preferred, and knowledge of S&OP process (high product complexity, high mix).
- Highly experienced logistics leader with 5+ years of experience, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry (food and manufacturing would be ideal).
- Proven track record of building a successful logistics team and collaborating with key Corporate and Supply Chain resources
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning skills and experience with the latest logistics software
- BA/BS in Industrial, Mechanical, Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.