Director of Engineering will be responsible for leading the Engineering function for the company, directing all engineering services to support the business, achieving optimal cost effectiveness and process efficiencies.
- Leading the Engineering Project Management function across complex projects, delivering results on plan.
- Leading, coaching, and developing a team of Engineering Project Managers and Controls Engineers.
- Evaluating, determining, and proposing future equipment, technologies, and automation to improve productivity, operational efficiencies, yield, quality, safety, and sustainability.
- Experience in vendor/contractor management across mechanical, plumbing, process, HVAC, refrigeration, building, electrical, and general construction management, driving both facility maintenance engineering projects as well as productivity projects. Experience leading PLC and Controls Automation.
- Working collaboratively to develop and manage the capital budget and plan for the Supply Chain Function, working directly with Operations Directors and Plant Managers as well as leading corporate driven projects.
- Prioritizing and assigning engineering projects, with on-time completion within budget, towards achieving company goals.
- Ensuring that employee safety and health, food safety, food quality, and sustainability are appropriately engineered into every project.
- Experience in guiding the preventive maintenance, reliability, and TPM programs.
- Working with all appropriate functional areas to achieve company goals related to the Engineering Function.
- Reporting on engineering variances and adjusting projects as needed.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment, utilizing value engineering approaches, and working in environment with a Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant discipline of study.
- 10 years of engineering with food manufacturing of meat, raw and cooked.
- Food industry engineering experience is required.
- Strong leadership skills overseeing a team of 10 - 15.
- Strong communication skills in discussing ideas, solutions and projects in details to groups
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; managing employee performance; addressing issues and resolving problems.