Director of EHS will be responsible for the development of the EH&S program company wide.
- Monitor, interpret, and assess existing or emerging EHS laws, regulations, regulatory policy, and industry practices, determine operational and business impacts and develop, integrate and execute EHS strategies, policies, programs, procedures, standards, training, processes and actions throughout the company to effectively manage applicable or relevant requirements.
- Design, develop, author and sustain the programs, procedures, processes and systems to global and geographical and regional compliance with EHS law.
- Perform EHS compliance applicability reviews and EHS risk assessments and implement effective programs, procedures, processes and systems to ensure regulatory compliance and protect employees, communities and the environment.
- Develop, align and implement long-term EHS strategies and annual or short term EHS action plans, projects or initiatives that effectively manages EHS compliance and risk mitigation objectives with business and operational needs, operating plans, capital planning, resource staffing and budgeting.
- Developing, integrating and executing policies, programs, procedures, standards, training, processes and actions throughout the business organization to drive EHS vision, mission, policy and strategies.
- Functions in a leadership role regarding government agency enforcement actions, regulatory proposals, permitting issues and negotiations, EHS technical, engineering, and science support, assessment and control of EHS issues arising from operational processes, supply-chain, equipment, and materials.
- Perform audits and reviews to identify systemic EHS management gaps, develop corrective measures and implement solutions to sustain compliance with EHS law and company EHS strategies, policies or standards.
- Leverage lessons learned and developed continuous improvement EHS programs.
- Provide EHS service, solutions, programs, best practices and technical guidance to business management and support functions to effectively and efficiently manage compliance assurance and EHS risk mitigation.
- Manage enterprise-wide impact of EHS incident investigations to determine and implement root cause corrective actions.
- Collect, measure and analyze regional and site EHS metrics and KPI performances, to discover trends for continuous improvement or corrective measures.
- Perform management reviews and report on EHS performance and tactical and strategic improvement planning.
- Partner and collaborate with the business and support functions, to influence and manage EHS resources and projects and business decisions.
- Design, develop, implement, execute and sustain company-wide employee safety and injury prevention programs.
- Design, develop, implement, execute and sustain company-wide environmental permit management and pollution prevention programs.
- Manage regulatory agency and external stakeholder EHS activities, including reporting, visits, or inspections.
- BS/BA in safety science, engineering or industrial hygiene discipline preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in an EHS programs, operations or engineering function within large food manufacturing companies.
- 3+ years’ experience in In-depth knowledge of Joint Commission, CA Title 22/24, OSHPD, and Cal OSHA
- CHSP, CHCM, CHFSP, CHMM, CIH, or CSHM certifications desired
- Knowledge of US-based EHS legal requirements (i.e.: Regulations, Codes, Standards, Directives, and Administrative Policies) and provide regulatory, technical and EHS engineering knowledge, and EHS management systems.
- Experience with communication, presenting proposed plans and results to management, and influencing leadership.
- Exceptional supervisory skills, including hiring, training, performance evaluation, and workflow organization
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of state and federal safety guidelines for the workplace
- Experience developing and implementing goals and strategies based on organization goals.