DC Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the daily activities of the DC operations following company safety, quality and health policies.
- Supervise the DC Team: integrate, train, appraise, redefine responsibilities, praise, ensure proper development and gauge training needs, delegate, instill a sense of responsibility, set targets, communicate instructions, control, listen.
- Provide reports to management.
- Meet efficiency budget levels while maintaining a high quality product.
- Operate a forklift/powered equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Document safety checks on forklifts/powered equipment prior to use.
- Ensure accurate documentation of all paperwork.
- Rotate stock in a FIFO format.
- Select the proper product for customer orders with accuracy and without damage.
- Perform physical inventories as required by manager.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure proper loading techniques are followed on all outbound loads.
- Monitor inventories.
- Organize team output (efficiencies, headcount etc.)
- Apply all safety rules and ensure they are implemented and followed.
- High School Diploma/General Education Degree (GED).
- Supervising employees and the scheduling of workforce in a shipping/receiving facility.
- Experience with perishable and dry goods warehouse preferred.
- Previous employment in a food industry setting is preferred.
- Stable and dependable work history is required.
- Inventory control, cycle counts, and FIFO system formats.
- Knowledge and experience with forklift/power driven equipment and pallet jack operation.