Share on social:
The Corporate Quality Engineer will lead strategies and processes to ensure product quality and compliance standards with our plastic packaging client outside Battle Creek, MI. Supports Quality Management Systems, ISO and food standards by having effective process controls and sampling methods, in conjunction with effective audit criteria. Works cross functionally with engineering, product development and materials.
- Develop strategies to ensure total product quality
- Maintains all quality records and ISO 9001 quality objectives
- Performs root cause analysis of defective material
- Investigates complaints and issue formal response to customers
- Chart and analyze plant performance in regard to quality, waste and cost of severity
- Monitors product quality; reporting quality deficiencies and communicates with production personnel
- Representative for all quality audits and certification audits (ISO and Food Safety)
- Determine disposition of material placed on Q.A. hold in a timely manner
- Maintain equipment calibration schedule and ensure that all required calibrations and maintenance are completed.
- Provides supervision to employees in QA Lab and assist on training/coaching on quality processes
- Establish, implement and maintain a Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with ISO 9001:2008, BRC, GMP and HACCP guidelines.
- BS in Technical Field or Engineering
- 3 years as Quality Engineer working with food safety
- Experience and knowledge in ISO 9001:2008 Compliance, HACCP or Food Safety preferred
- SPC knowledge and practice
- Green Belt preferred
- Detail orientated
- Good communication skills both written and verbal