Share on social:
The Corporate Logistics Leader will be responsible for the planning and successful execution of materials coming into, within, and leaving the company to the customers. The key success criteria for this role include perfect orders (delivered on time, as ordered, damage free to customers) and total inventory ($).
- Development of a logistics strategy to achieve short and long-term results; includes a “clean sheet” assessment of the company’s current state, a 5-year future state design and a phased transition plan (including resource and investment requirements).
- Oversight of raw material receipt, warehousing and transportation functions.
- Key liaison with suppliers, customers, shipping firms, etc. concerning material/product flows
- Establishment and leadership of a consistent company-wide process (S&OP) to plan & schedule material flow and production operations to meet the sales forecast, manufacturing budget and target inventory levels.
- Collaboration with other corporate resources as needed to coordinate key activities (such as S&OP), keep individuals informed, address problems, tackle new opportunities, etc.
- Provide guidance on the ideal supply chain flow, to include location of manufacturing sites, distribution centers and suppliers and trucking routes to optimize customer service, warehouse layout and equipment, inventory levels and shipping costs.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and ISO/other certification requirements.
- Hiring, training, developing and evaluating key resources at each manufacturing location, including raw material handlers, warehouse operations, production schedulers, etc.
- Oversee Corporate Warehouse Manager, S&OP Planner, and Corporate Logistics Manager
- NOT responsible for the negotiation of rates with carriers, purchase of materials, etc.
- BA/BS in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry (FDA regulated food, paper or plastic would be ideal)
- Proven track record of building a successful logistics team and collaborating with key Corporate and Supply Chain resources
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning skills and experience with latest logistics software
- Experience with S&OP Process, prefer prior experience developing process
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
- Detail oriented, tech savvy, willingness to continually learn and embrace new approaches (growth mindset)
- Solid fit with company values and culture
- Comfortable with extensive travel to company locations, customers, and suppliers; up to 150 miles
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.
Posted: Sep 20, 2019
Type: Full Time