Share on social:
The Assistant Quality Manager will be responsible to reports directly to the Quality Manager and is functional expert of the Quality and Food Safety Team for their facilities. The Assistant Quality Manager coordinates, monitors, and executes the quality assurance, regulatory and HACCP programs to keep the company producing safe quality food.
- Responsible activities of the Quality Assurance Department and administers all quality programs that ensure product quality and conformity
- Verifies daily material sampling and acceptance programs.
- Verify the laboratory calibration and activities
- Monitors the raw material quality control programs to ensure that all raw materials received and entering the processing area
- Issues Reports for supplier non-compliance of raw materials specifications.
- Executes all programs to ensure to ensure food safety, such as, micro testing and releases, GMP audits, HACCP, Pest Control, cleaning and sanitation procedures and swabbing.
- Provides coaching and training to operators to ensure quality control and record management
- Reviews and addresses customer complaint issues and issues in the Quality Report.
- Establishes and updates analytical testing procedures for the lab and perform routine testing
- Maintain all records and relay all information to Quality Manager and/or Director of Quality
- Will be the functional leader regarding quality and food safety aspects
- Bachelor’s degree in a food science degree or related and 3 years of quality within a food manufacturing environment.
- Without a BS degree, must have at least 7 years within quality in a food manufacturing environment
- Must be HACCP certified and knowledgeable with SQF compliance
- Great communicator with all levels of management and work as a team; respond to emails and effectively present and train in small groups
- Work on the plant floor and in the analytical testing lab at a minimum of 30% of the work day
- Computer skills, experience organizing data and interpreting results using excel
- Experience working with employees in a fast-paced environment and changing priorities