Share on social:
The Assistant Distribution Center Manager will be responsible for overseeing the building and shipping areas, including personnel, of the Distribution Center. This requires the ability to coordinate between multiple departments, personnel and Carriers. This position is also responsible for all the maintenance activities within the DC, and works very closely with staff and outside vendors to address maintenance issues.
- Responsible for supervising employees assigned to various distribution jobs such as shipping and receiving, inventory control, picking and packing storage center
- Acts as logistics facilitator to ensure all elements of the distribution process are coordinated in such a way that customer requirements and time constraints are met.
- Responsibility for administering safety programs.
- Plan, direct and implement warehouse operations to ensure scheduling of all distribution services including receiving, cross-docking, storing, shipping, handling returned/damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative activities meet customer expectations in an efficient and quality manner.
- Ship finished goods orders to customers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Direct operations in a regulatory compliant manner (FDA, GMP, OSHA, DOT, Quality Systems)
- Customer Service and order entry and provide necessary feedback on issues that will assist in resolving our customer problems with orders/returns.
- Proficient in the use of the key logistics operating systems Great Plains system and WMS to effectively manage the day to day operations.
- Supervise the accurate and timely shipments of orders.
- 5 years work experience in a distribution center with 2 year College degree required.
- Ability to gain a general knowledge of Data and Warehouse Management Systems. ASC and
- Great Plains system experience preferred.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.