Sr Maintenance Mechanic conducts troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance services to equipment throughout the plant, builds and assembles new equipment, performance preventative maintenance services and general building maintenance tasks.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, tanks and production machines.
- Observe equipment concerns and initiative corrective action/repair
- Provide emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Troubleshoot and locate source of problem by observation, testing, talking with operator
- Assemble modified and new equipment for operation as instructed.
- Fabricate repair parts to maintain existing equipment or make approved modifications using machine shop equipment.
- Document all work to ensure accurate maintenance records, ensure production operation is aware of status of equipment and improve overall communication between shifts.
- Technical training, high school diploma
- 3 years’ experience in production machine repair working with shop tools such as shear, lathe, drill press, mill; welding experience a plus or 3+ years of experience as a millwright or industrial maintenance
- Able to read and write English to maintain reports; inspection reports, downtime logs
- Able to accurately read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required service
- Basic use of computer, tablet, scanner, iPad for recording information
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Maintains technical knowledge by attendance educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Use calipers, micrometers and other measuring instrument
- Perform equipment troubleshooting
- Basic and complex equipment repairs
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance
- Assemble and install equipment such as shafting, conveyors and tram rails.
- Repair and lubricates machines and equipment.
- Install robotics controller and make modifications as necessary.
- Experienced with 3 phase electricity wiring