The Quality Systems Supervisor reports directly to the Chief Quality Officer. The Quality System Supervisor establish and maintain a Quality System that effectively results in company compliance with applicable requirements, including FSMA, HARCP, Food Defense, Supplier Approval, third party audits, customer requirements, Organic Certification, Kosher Certification and any future food-related certifications as they arise. This professional will work with cultured dairy, pasteurized beverages or aseptic filling. This is a position which is a contributory versus oversees employees. There is imminent exponential growth within the company.
- Directs the activities of the Quality Assurance Department and administers all quality programs that insure product quality and conform to GMP’s.
- Directs and monitors daily material sampling and acceptance programs.
- Directs the laboratory testing, the ordering of laboratory supplies and month-end inventory.
- Act as the primary contact for food regulatory agencies, Kosher and Organic certifications.
- Monitor supplier performance and compliance to qualifications, specifications, Kosher and Organic certification requirements
- Directs and conducts the raw material quality control programs to ensure that all raw materials received and entering the processing area Works with the R&D Department on the updating of Raw Material Specifications.
- Issues Reports for supplier non-compliance of raw materials specifications.
- Directs and conducts production trials as part of a trouble-shooting process for quality systems and conducts taste panels from such trials.
- Manages Allergen Preventive Controls Program ensuring accurate allergen labeling on finished food products and prevention of allergen cross contact
- Directs and administers all programs to ensure to ensure food safety, such as, micro testing and releases, GMP audits, HACCP, Pest Control, cleaning and sanitation procedures and swabbing.
- Reviews and addresses customer complaint issues and issues in the Quality Report.
- Works to make sure the labeling and product is safe and complaint.
- Establishes and updates analytical testing procedures for the lab and perform routine testing
- Follows all Safe Quality Food (SQF) established standards, guidelines, and compliance measures.
- Will be the leader regarding HACCP, SQF, USDA, FDA, FSIS and FSMA
- Bachelor’s degree in a food science degree, microbiology, food process engineering or related or equivalent industry experience, required.
- 3 years’ experience with cultured dairy, pasteurized beverages or aseptic filling
- Must be HACCP certified and experienced with SQF, FDA, USDA, SSOPs and GMP
- HACCP and GMP development, training in HARPC and PCQI certification is required
- Knowledge of Organic, Kosher and Non-GMO helpful
- Strong data management, reporting and technical writing and ability to write good food safety plans.
- Great communicator with all levels of management and work as a team
- Computer skills, experience organizing data and interpreting statistical results