The Quality Engineer will lead strategies and processes to ensure product quality and compliance standards with our injection molding automotive client outside Louisville, KY. Supports Quality Management Systems, TS16949 and ISO14001 by having effective process controls and sampling methods, in conjunction with effective audit criteria. Works cross functionally with engineering, product development and materials. Strong SPC and GD&T knowledge.
- Maintain strategies to ensure total product quality
- Maintains all quality records and ISO 14001 quality objectives
- Support and Lead Quality Circle Teams and kaizen activities based on findings of audits.
- Performs root cause analysis of defective material
- Investigates complaints and issue formal response to customers
- Chart and analyze plant performance in regard to quality, waste and cost of severity
- Monitors product quality; reporting quality deficiencies and communicates with production personnel
- Maintain equipment calibration schedule and ensure that all required calibrations and maintenance are completed.
- Meeting with TS, ISO, and customer auditors to demonstrate the quality system’s compliance with applicable standards.
- Degree preferred only
- 1- 3 years as Quality Engineer working within injection molding within automotive industry
- Experience and knowledge in TS16949 and ISO14001 Compliance within Toyota
- Formal training in troubleshooting – ATS experience preferred
- Experience analysing 2D and 3D drawings and analysis
- SPC and GD&T knowledge and practice
- Detail orientated
- Good communication skills both written and verbal