Quality Control Manager will manage the SQF certification and HACCP requirements for the day to day operations of the Quality Control department at this USDA facility.
- Assist in Conducting Food Safety Meetings (GMP/Allergen)
- Creates and maintain GMP/SQF Quality Plan, Upgrades documents to obtain certification.
- Create/Update and Implement documents to comply with SQF codes.
- Write and maintain new S.O.P.’s deemed necessary to for SQF certifications.
- Responsible for re-writing and maintaining HACCP plan.
- Inspect and sign off Daily Packer Cleaning Checklist & Pre-Operational checklist.
- Manage all outgoing and incoming trailer inspection reports.
- Supervise pest control program.
- In-House Pest Control log inspection, Daily
- Master Sanitation Log inspection, Daily
- Experience in Health and Safety within a manufacturing facility
- Train sanitation crew to meet FDA standards. Oversee to ensure that plant is clean and safe on a daily basis.
- Update Revision Log
- Follow FDA/SQF instructions for Labeling
- Maintains supplier documentation database
- Examine all records yearly with Management using the SQF/GMP report as an internal checklist.
- Review Monthly GMP walkthrough from Plant Manager
- Prepare comprehensive, fact based, audit reports that are clear and concise, allowing operations to accurately address the root causes of non-conformances and the subsequent development of effective corrective actions plans.
- Train and Enforce GMP procedures and protocols with the plant and communicate with Plant Manager
- Enforce Supervisors and Maintenance to write up Maintenance reports and keep organized
- Annual Refresher Training for GMPs
- Maintains customer complaint database and develops corrective action documentation based on root cause analysis.
- Work with Customer Service to keep up Complaint Log/Corrective actions
- Conduct Mock Recalls need to be done 2 times a year before the annual audit.
- Experience, Ability, Certification and Training
- Experience in an operational quality or food safety role within a leading perishable, manufacturing organization
- Experience with implementation of quality control and management system programs and activities (e.g. HACCP, SQF, GFSI, continuous improvement methodologies etc.)
- BS degree in Food Science, Quality or relevant is preferred
- 5 years experience in quality management with food manufacturing
- Certification Required: Safety, SQF training, GMP, HACCP, SOP, and Food Defense.
- 5 years of Health and Safety experience required
- 3 years of Supervisory experience in high speed food manufacturing
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is strongly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Demonstrated evidence of critical thinking, logic, patience, reasoning, empathy, continuous learning and development
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook