QA Supervisor will be responsible for planning and directing activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial process, materials, and product. Strict compliance with the facility Food Safety and Quality Management System Policies, Procedures, and Work instructions is required.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Establish program to evaluate precision/accuracy of production equipment, testing, measurement, analytical equipment, and facilities.
- Direct employees engaging in measuring and testing product.
- Tabulate data relating to materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Assist manager in accountability for HACCP, SQF, FSMA and food safety training for the facility.
- Ensure compliance and execution of required programs.
- Suggest and implement changes in working conditions; use equipment/technology to increase safety and efficacy.
- Analyze/Resolve work problems; assist employees in solving work problems.
- Initiate or suggest plan to motivate workers to achieve goals.
- Maintain/Approve time records for supervised employees; approve time off requests.
- Discuss with supervisors to coordinate activities/training of individual in other departments.
- Manage/Direct shift leads in coordination and evaluation of their shift; responsible for the overall direction.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies/applicable laws (e.g. interviewing, hiring/training employees, planning, assigning/directing work, and evaluating performance, rewarding/disciplining employees, addressing complains, and resolving problems).
- Report any security breaches, attempts at product tampering or contamination, or other suspicious behavior observed to manager/supervisor.
- Complete and comply with the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), HACCP procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Compliance.
- Maintain a food-safe sanitary environment at all times.
- Complete records/quality checks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Escalate any non-conforming product/equipment/material to the appropriate manager/supervisor immediately.
- Follow Company’s quality assurance procedures and protocols at all times while on duty (eg. Labeling of containers, Inventory Control, PM programs).
- Promote a positive proactive environment where input from team members is valued and encouraged.
- Provide back-up support for other roles as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor.
- Available off hours on a scheduled or call-in basis, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, microbiology or other closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to five (2-5) years’ related supervisor experience in quality and food safety.
- Previous HACCP certification program design and implementation.
- Thorough technical knowledge of quality & food safety.
- Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Practitioner strongly preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience should be considered