Project Manager will be responsible for communication and coordination between all the company functions in-house (including installation), with our vendors/suppliers, outside contractors.
- Position works in conjunction with an assigned Sales Representative
- The Project manager’s job duty is to provide support and back up to the Sales Representative.
- The position is the focal point of communication and coordination between all the company functions in-house (including installation), with our vendors/suppliers, outside contractors and the GC.
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not solely limited to the following:
- Project Manager ensures that the project is assigned a job number and entered into our system.
- Prepares the job folders.
- Prepares submittal packages.
- Orders all materials and shop drawings.
- Tracks the required installation date to make sure all submittals and field dimensions are received with ample time to order material according to the company’s established lead times.
- Take all calls for Reps when they are out of the office.
- Review returned submittals and orders materials. Non-approved submittals go to the Sales Rep for review.
- The Project Manager is involved in simple change orders (CO) that may be the addition or deletion of a standard item. Prepare requested change order for the estimator. CO’s are typed up by the Admin and once approved by the Rep are sent to the customer. Tracking of the CO’s, entering them into our system and ordering the required material is the responsibility of the Project Manager.
- Oversee job files from start to finish for a project; including updating information such as change orders and contract adjustments.
- Maintain flow of communication and coordination and follows up on the job to ensure it is successfully completed. Admin prepares closeout documents for the GC and project owner.
- Coordinate the arrival of material and installation with the Operations Manager.
- Experience in a heavy Administrative role
- Impressive planning and project management skills
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Efficient use of resources and systems, and tools to achieve objectives.
- Strong multitasking as well as problem solving critical thinking skills.