Through leadership and support of quality initiatives ensures the consistent production of a high quality product in a high speed food manufacturing facility to achieve safe and efficient operations with maximum profitability.
- Coordinates plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Monitors, exceeds, and maintains production standards for efficiencies, material waste and quality.
- Develop and control profits, plans and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Ensures employee productivity and facility safety, while working in conjunction with other managers and supervisors.
- Directly supervise, train, coach, mentor and evaluates Production Supervisors and provides support and guidance to improve quality and total production output.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Implements and executes the weekly production plan and schedule to provide for a 100% sales order fill on a daily basis.
- Familiar with HAACP, USDA, OSHA and solid GMP practices.
- Observes and enforces safety, GMP, and allergen programs
- Manages production start-up
- Participates and lead Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
- Controls production costs and downtime, monitoring production and finished products.
- Develops and implements short and long range cost reduction programs, labor efficiency improvements, and prepares studies and cost justification
- Recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Participate in Production decisions concerning new product lines
- Promote and ensure positive relations with Customers and Vendors by ensuring quality, service and delivery requirements
- Work with support groups to facilitate plant performance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, at a minimum, with 5-7 years of direct hands-on experience in Operations/Productions.
- Will have a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment.
- Should be detail and performance oriented, with high level of accuracy, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Recommend capital equipment needs and methods of improvement to maintain and improve competitive production efficiency.
- Articulate communicator, who will have a positive and stimulating influence on others with strong communication up and down the organization
- Work independently; be competitive, flexible, exacting, demanding and able to respond well to pressure and challenge.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to set and meet goals and demonstrate responsibility for own work as well as that of others.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Understands how to prioritize and plan department’s work flow and its relationship to the overall plant operation.
- Good working knowledge of project management.
- Computer skills in report generation and Microsoft applications required.