The Plant Manager will be responsible for the smooth and efficient operation and management of the plant daily, overseeing temporary and permanent employees, production schedules, worker and plant safety and directing and coordinating activities of the plant. This position will manage the financial performance to meet established objectives and goals.
- Provides leadership for the daily operation of the plant.
- Helps to meet and exceed department goals.
- Monitors staffing resources to adequately cover manufacturing needs.
- Coordinates, manages and monitors daily workloads and production activities.
- Prepares reports, analyses production data and makes recommendations for improving plant performance.
- Manages operating expenses and researches ways to reduce cost while maintaining plant productivity and product quality.
- Maintains and supports a superior safety and housekeeping program.
- Develops and executes the plant manufacturing budgets.
- Ensures that the production team is adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that the product demands can be accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner while strictly adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Safety Manager, Sales, and Logistics to ensure safety policies are understood and enforced, while maintaining the best in class service level for our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management or equivalent field
- 10 years of experience in an operations manager lead, supervisory, or foreman capacity
- Responsible for entire plant operation including up to 60 employees.
- Need manufacturing processing experience
- Past roles must show a progression of increasing responsibility with a minimum of five (5) years in a management/supervisor role
- Must be a safety-oriented person able to maintain focus in a fast-paced environment