Mechanical Process Engineer will be responsible to support production, laboratory and maintenance to develop, implement and achieve operations critical success factors. Contribute and support all areas in regards to equipment and process upgrades, and new installations in an effort to manufacture optimal quality films and compounds.
- Conduct processing trials such as film extrusion, compounding, physical testing and analysis of samples along with writing technical reports of those studies
- Optimize process conditions to increase efficiency during new product launches
- Implement innovations, improvements, and cost reduction projects
- Evaluate, develop and execute a broad spectrum of projects including project planning, feasibility studies, design, cost estimation, and request for capital appropriations.
- Provide technical/engineering support to production and other plant functions
- Assists with the selection of new equipment, sets up new equipment, and trains staff in the proper operation of equipment
- Participate actively in equipment and product validations. Write and/or execute and/or report on validation protocols.
- Minimum BS in Plastic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment within Process Engineering for Plastics / Polymers / Films/ Resin or similar manufacturer.
- Knowledge of the Lean Six Sigma quality tools in order to fully investigate root cause analysis & implement associated corrective actions in a timely manner (SPC, TQM, Process Capability, Control Charts, 5S, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in assessing, evaluating, and implementing recommendations in improving processes, productivity and material utilization improvements that result in plant yield improvements is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to lead investigations and implementations of associated corrective actions relating to applicable Customer Complaints.