The Maintenance Supervisor provides leadership in his/her assigned work organization to achieve maintenance goals in support of production requirements. The incumbent is responsible for supervising and coordinating maintenance and repair activities involving plant facilities, utility systems, equipment, assisting in the installation design and maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment throughout the Plant. This key role has to effectively perform and oversee this activity while maintaining excellent employee relations and adhering to all quality and safety regulations, good manufacturing principles and Company policies.
- Provides consistent positive leadership to achieve required results through all employees, delegates work assignments to employees, insures daily schedules/objectives and targets are understood and successfully addressed. Frequently moves around the Plant to check on employees and equipment. Identifies problems and applies solutions as appropriate. Alerts management and appropriate personnel in other departments to any/all problems that interfere with achieving maintenance objectives.
- Prioritizes and directs day-to-day hourly maintenance employees in addressing production line operational problems, including but not limited to shrink, sanitation and safety issues.
- Assists in maintaining software interfaces with PLC’s, making required ladder logic changes as required.
- Assists in the development, implementation and ongoing administration of the plant-wide preventative maintenance program.
- Ensures parts room materials are accounted for accurately and ensures stockroom security.
- Directs the job assignments of technicians, providing ongoing and as needed training and assisting in grievance resolution while maintaining highly motivated and engaged work teams.
- Assists and uses basic troubleshooting and problem solving techniques to repair equipment throughout the Plant.
- Provides capital project planning/budgeting recommendations and supports capital planning implementation.
- Trains technicians and other plant personnel as necessary on electric and electronic equipment repair and operations.
- Insures plant electric and electronic schematics are updated regularly and conform to current coding requirements.
- Ensures all machinery is working properly. Obtains and coordinates maintenance and/or repairs of equipment as needed. Checks to see that all maintenance materials are available when needed. Reports any shortages immediately to appropriate management personnel.
- Ensures that work area is free of all hazards and employees are following all safety rules and regulations. Develops and maintains personal knowledge of safety rules and regulations. Conducts daily area tour (hazard analysis) and resolves any/all safety issues in an expedient fashion. Conducts accident investigations and prepares written report. Conducts regular safety briefings and orientations to ensure safe operations.
- Directs production and packaging activities to achieve all product quality objective and standards. Conducts frequent evaluation of finished and in-process products. Looks for checking, imperfections, and non-standard appearance. Notifies and coordinates with QA representatives to resolve any issues or problems. Ensures that all employees are knowledgeable of Good Manufacturing Principles (GMP) and sanitation regulations. Conducts frequent tours of work area to check that machinery is working properly and employees are performing job duties in accord with GMPs and quality assurance standards.
- Plans and budgets time efficiently; maintains files, reports in organized manner. Processes and completes all required schedules, reports, employee time/payroll records, grievance meeting notes and employee discipline documents in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- As an employee of company you share in the responsibility for producing a food product that meets established specifications in regard to the following requirements: is produced and handled in a safe, wholesome manner in a sanitary environment; is properly manufactured and packaged to meet all quality standards; is free from adulteration, allergens and potential contaminants; is stored properly to remain free from damage and external elements, and; is properly loaded for shipment to customers.
- It is every company employee’s responsibility to immediately report any incident or situation that may compromise any of the above factors or issues to their immediate supervisor and/or a member of the plant management staff.
- By accepting a position at the company’s manufacturing facility, you acknowledge that you fully understand and agree to comply with the aforementioned responsibilities.
- A college degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing oriented experience or equivalent.
- Experience with food processing a plus.
- Other Skills/Knowledge Desired: Boilers – Conveyors – Extruders – Packaging – Dryers/Drying – Palletizers – Pneumatics – Material Handling – Hydraulics – Welding – Vacuum Systems – Machinist – Blowers – PLC’s
- Ability to work in room temperatures in excess of 85 degrees Fahrenheit for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of PLC Ladder Logic
- Familiarity with test equipment and knowledge of National Electrical Code desirable.