The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for a team of 4 direct reports and 24 technicians responsible for all maintenance activities in the facility including three hot fill juice bottling/canning lines, cranberry sauce canning/bottling lines, blending operations, boiler operations, wastewater treatment, warehouse, plant utilities and building maintenance.
- Manage and improve a preventive maintenance program to improve equipment reliability, maximize wrench time and increase operator engagement. This includes backlog management and planning periodic equipment overhauls.
- Manage the annual R&M budget for the facility. Identify opportunities to reduce cost and waste.
- Maintain and lead continuous improvement in regulatory programs including Arc Flash, LOTO, Confined Space and Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Direct the development and execution of capital projects along with the Plant Engineer and Leadership Team.
- Assist with continuous improvement initiatives in water/energy conservation, solid waste reduction and plant sustainability.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Requires strong planning/administrative/supervisory skills
- Solid knowledge of electrical, industrial controls, mechanical, hydraulic, compressed air, boiler systems, ammonia refrigeration systems, waste treatment systems, and building maintenance in a hi speed CPG environment
- 7-9 years of management experience (2-3 years leading a maintenance department preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to produce results in reliability/OEE through administration of a preventive/predictive maintenance program- knowledge of continuous improvement techniques (5S, Lean, TPM, etc.) a plus
- Ability to analyze trends from an automated DT collection system
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMP) and food processing equipment. Ideal candidate will have bottling and canning experience
- GFSI/SQF experience a plus
- Understand OSHA/FDA/USDA/EPA requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Experience utilizing a CMMS to request, plan, execute and analyze maintenance activities -LPC currently uses EMaint in the facility
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to ensure leadership presence across 3 shifts, including some weekend coverage.
- BS or equivalent experience