The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing the maintenance and cleaning of equipment, machinery, and buildings. 24 Direct reports across 3 facilities. The position plans, budgets, staffs and schedules maintenance and modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials, facility and equipment cleaning and other related costs.
- Manage the preventative maintenance and break-fix upkeep of manufacturing equipment, plant and facility equipment and required supplies to maximize uptime, minimize costs and meet health and safety regulatory standards.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to increase overall equipment effectiveness. • Maintain, order, and distribute necessary inventory of essential spare parts, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Maintain asset and maintenance tracking system to include all data required to provide total lifetime costs.
- Supervise staff (technicians, engineers, custodians, cleaners, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors across 3 facilities totaling 400,000 square feet and multiple shifts.
- Ability to create and/or edit work orders and standard operating procures (SOP’s) • Ability to create and/or lead training sessions for your staff and other departments.
- Researches and evaluates potential new equipment, processes, procedures, technologies and automation that may improve performance and/or cost.
- Inspect buildings inside and out to determine the need for repairs, renovations, improvements, and cleaning.
- Plan and coordinate all installations, preventive maintenance, (heat, electricity, machines, etc.) and refurbishments.
- Follows all company procedures and rules. Is involved in the creation and training of standard operating procedures, rules, and safety programs and compliance.
- Conducts self in a respectful and professional manner with a focus on teamwork, quality and timeliness.
- Maintains and provides a clean and safe work area for all department personnel.
- Grows the department infrastructure and capabilities to continue to support the company’s growth.
- Develop, implement, and review metrics for personnel, performance and other factors.
- Other duties as may be required.
- At least three years prior experience as manufacturing maintenance manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations, electronics, and facilities management best practices
- Prior experience in a regulated facility, food or nutritional products preferred
- Must be able to analyze and interpret data and work with a high level of accuracy
- Organized and able to handle multiple activities.
- Ability to create and implement systems, SOP’s, and checks and balances.
- Ability to lead, evaluate and maximize the performance of staff.
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel as needed to see other plants, evaluate potential new purchases, etc.