The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible to performs required repairs and maintenance tasks as assigned in an orderly, timely and cost conscious manner on a variety of bakery production equipment, freezers, ovens, conveyors and/or facilities.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair of all pieces of equipment within the bakery including: production equipment; building (inside construction) and facility grounds.
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment’s productivity to minimize downtime or malfunctions. Some tasks are required to be performed within rigid time frames to maximize bakery product productivity.
- Performs inside construction which may include framing, plumbing and electrical components.
- Ensures all work areas are clean, safe and follows Company GMP’s.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with federal and state requirements at all times.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of work performed on work orders, maintenance calls and preventative maintenance reports.
- Responds to maintenance and line stoppage calls with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Provides emergency repairs quickly and efficiently.
- Provides technical assistance and information to Chief engineer, as needed.
- Displays initiative in recognizing work to be accomplished and makes recommendations to Chief Engineer, as required.
- Performs duties in all areas within the maintenance department.
- Prepares specific and accurate parts request forms.
- Participates in safety and occasional department meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
- A high school graduate or GED.
- A minimum of 21 years of age
- LME License strongly preferred
- Possession of Grade 4 Boiler license, or ability to obtain within 12 months from date of hire.
- Previous experience in similar maintenance of production line equipment and facilities at a large commercial or artisan bakery is preferred.
- Ability to work in a high temperature environment, supporting fast paced machinery.
- Ability to quickly learn new job tasks and possess the flexibility to work on different jobs as needed.
- Adherence to all company safety requirements/policies.
- Must be able to work any day, including holidays, or any shift as outlined in Hours and Shifts above.
- Must have reliable attendance to meet company attendance standards for 24/7 production facility
- Must join IUOE Local 286 union within 30 days of hire and pay required initiation fees and monthly dues.
- Good interpersonal skills and a can-do team oriented attitude.
- Adherence to company core values.