General Manager will provide motivation and leadership for 100-plus dedicated and loyal employees at our production facility and will be responsible for the continued production of premium products and develop new, successful meat products for future customers. As a spokesperson for our family company, you will become an active, contributing member of the local community.
- Communicate and embody the company vision and values Oversee day-to-day business operations
- Coordinate production activities including scheduling, staffing.
- Strengthen the company by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and mentoring new talent.
- Define and implement policies and performance standards.
- Oversee the evaluation of employee performance and coordination of employee coaching and support as needed.
- Direct the creation and drive the execution of the annual business plan, initiatives, expenses, capital plan and profitability for the business.
- Coordinate financial/budget activities to fund operations and increase efficiency.
- Manage profit and loss statements and account for costs and revenues.
- Allocate budget resources for supplies, equipment, and personnel.
- Develop strategic plans by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives. Define and prioritize operational goals and objectives to meet company goals.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed goods or services within budgetary limits.
- BS/BA in business, meat or food science, engineering or related major or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in management/supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
- Performance management expertise.
- Strong ability to influence, provide leadership, work in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Works well with management, peers and subordinates.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- USDA inspected meat processing or other food industry experience.
- Experience with process improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, etc.
- E-commerce experience.
- Bilingual capability (Spanish).