Field Service Engineer Will be responsible for installation, service, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of customer sites around USA and Canada. Manage accounts for all assigned service customers providing outstanding customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ensures customer expectations are met and resolves customer issues in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
- Service Agreement planning for the execution of contracted scope.
- Identifies adds, upgrades, and escalations to assigned service contracts and to meet customer needs and improve system efficiency.
- Leads quality assurance activities making sure the equipment is serviced and preventative maintenance is in place.
- Effectively manage, plan and execute new site installations in Hospital and University settings.
- Reviews all labor related project estimates prior to customer proposal and booking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent subject matter
- Experience with electronics troubleshooting and repair, particularly medical equipment, medical imaging and robotic systems preferred
- Well versed in processes core to Medical and Radiation Oncology.
- Experience with software applications related to device operation
- Typically 2+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Troubleshoot custom Windows 7 applications with a core understanding of system principals and techniques.
- Knowledge of engineering and an aptitude for programming and general knowledge of computer science preferred.