Farm Manager will be responsible for the daily planning, organisation, supervision and administration of activities on farm estates. Typical responsibilities include: forward planning. making policy decisions.
- Participate in the development of annual operating goals, human resource needs, and farm business plans.
- Support the Animal Housing team to identify and facilitate major capital repairs, routine repairs, and preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure the implementation of BTW standard operating procedures, technologies, and other innovations to improve production and environmental stewardship through direct training and field/metric observations.
- Implement individual pig care practices to maintain the health and well-being of all animals.
- Own, monitor, and direct all practices that promote Bio-Security in coordination with Health Services.
- Develop leadership and technical skills of a team of Section Managers and/or Production Technicians through strong communication, active planning, priority setting, effective delegation and routine coaching of behaviors utilizing company leadership tools.
- Ensure the Performance Management system is properly executed for all applicable employees to drive performance, reinforce positive behaviors, and enhance leadership/operational potential.
- Monitor, review, and analyze biological and operational performance/metrics for root cause of issues. Identify effective countermeasures and execute plans to restore performance.
- Participate in routine All Farm Messages, Scorecard meetings, and Management meetings to educate and be educated.
- Participate in recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, and accelerating the development of new team members.
- Align at all times with company expectations and policies for hiring, staffing, discipline, and terminations.
- Schedule work hours, vacation and leave days of all employees and report all time worked to the payroll
- Promote safe work habits, a safe working environment, and report all work related injuries.
- Coordinate and manage all farm inputs; examples: air, feed, water, labor, gilts, medications, supplies, and fuel.
- High School + 3 years management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree + 1 year of management experience
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science, Agriculture or related field preferred.
- Livestock/swine management and handling
- Standard maintenance procedures