The primary purposes of this position are to operate, clean, and perform light maintenance of the high-speed and semi-automated encapsulation machines used to put ingredients into capsules prior to bottling for sale to consumers.
- Demonstrates proficiency with the essential functions and responsibilities of an Encapsulator I.
- Competently perform job duties of at least one (1) additional Production area upon request.
- Operate, clean, and maintain encapsulation machines to achieve production goals and quality targets.
- Coordinate with Production Scheduling to ensure schedule attainment and to highlight production issues as they arise.
- Coordinate with Quality to ensure products are made to specification with no defects and in accordance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, see, hear, speak, for extended periods of time, and ability to climb into and out of forklift.
- Work involves exposure to known allergens.
- Requires exposure to temperature extremes and exposure to outside weather conditions from open dock doors, dirt, dust, fumes, chemicals, etc.
- Requires exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Position requires use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety gear, which may include use of respirator.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Incumbent must be able to operate and maintain high-speed encapsulation machines.