Electro Mechanical Technician will require the ability to work in a team atmosphere as well as individually to repair, install, adjust, or maintain production and packaging equipment. This will also include equipment that is servo-mechanical as well as electromechanically operated. All work needs to be done in a clean sanitary manor as required in a food manufacturing plant.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of the equipment used in production and packaging of a dairy product
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts and hardware, using hand or power tools
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Preform preventive maintenance functions such as cleaning, lubricating, adjusting, or replacing parts as needed per scheduled maintenance
- Operate newly repaired equipment to verify adequacy or repairs
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequence of assembly
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as electronic voltmeters
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used in various areas of operation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with operators, fellow maintenance staff, and supervision to perform required tasks.
- Record parts or materials used and ordered or requisition new parts or materials as necessary using Inventory management software.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Electro-Mechanical Associate’s Degree, Certificate or Apprenticeship strongly preferred
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant is a plus, dairy environment even better, yet not a requirement for employment consideration.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Troubleshooting, critical thinking, and complex problem solving is a priority.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on production and packaging equipment.
- English Language- ability to effectively communicate verbally and written.