The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing the sales within performance polymers. Must be comfortable with planning the sales and developing the budget. Fosters key business relationships with potential and existing clients. Develops client-specific strategies and solutions to increase sales and meet expectations for profitability and client satisfaction. This position also determines the strategic direction for expanding the growth of related products in North America. This business is film, compound and coating industries.
- Based on previous sales results, forecast sales and budget, pricing and products inventory information in accordance with the strategies and the policies
- Implement and achieve targets set and approved
- Managing the business environment
- Grow new business opportunities in new markets; responsible for managing the sales and business development activities to support the growth expectations for the business unit.
- Relationship Building
- New Market Development
- Customer Development
- Industry Trends and Cycles
- Lead business capture efforts for large pursuits which may involve multiple company sites, teaming agreements, large proposal teams or highly complex proposal activities. Responsibilities include: identification of resources, oversee / develop bid strategies, pricing, teaming and proposal strategies, and manage the transition from business opportunity to proposal development to award.
- Communication to the business unit on pursuits, including performing accurate sales forecast rollups. Externally, promoting a common understanding of business capabilities throughout various markets. Provide marketing analysis as appropriate to help guide continued refinement of business unit strategy, product and technology roadmaps.
- Improve profitability and customer satisfaction on new and recurring sales by creating alignment of sales objectives and operations’ capability through a robust sales and operations planning process (S&OP).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or relevant or training in the plastics or chemical industry or a combination of both
- Working in polymer sales and division management
- Minimum of 2 years of technical support with customers’ product development
- Demonstrated skills in understanding basic polymer technologies
- Proven general capabilities in facilitating change, planning and organizing, customer focus
- Proven specific capabilities in the technical and professional skill in polymers and in relationship to customers’ requirements.
- Travel 40% in US, Canada and Japan